**Former Munster and Ireland star Paul O’Connell believes the enforced break from action will only strengthen his former side’s chances of Guinness PRO14 glory.**\n\nMunster are currently second in Conference B and visit unbeaten Leinster in their first game back, with the Guinness PRO14 confirming fixtures yesterday.\n\nMunster have been busy during lockdown, bringing in South African World Cup-winning pair RG Snyman and Damian de Allende, and O’Connell thinks that could help them turn the tables on Leinster.\n\n“I wouldn’t struggle to play in an empty stadium,” [said O’Connell during a guest appearance on Ireland AM, the Virgin Media breakfast TV show](https://www.rugbypass.com/news/paul-oconnell-has-suggested-next-months-closed-doors-rugby-restart-in-ireland-could-hand-munster-crucial-advantage/). “If you’re playing Leinster in the Aviva Stadium, which is probably going to happen pretty soon for Munster guys, the way things have gone the last few years with Leinster dominating Munster it wouldn’t be a struggle. \n\n“The break has probably been great for a lot of the guys. A lot of them have been on the road a long time, playing in big matches which are physically tough but also mentally tough as well trying to get up for it every single week. \n\n“The break will have been brilliant for a lot of the seasoned professional players we have throughout the country. It’s not ideal when they go back in front of small crowds or no crowds at all but it’s just something that has to be got on with, it has to be done for the game.”\n\n[The Irish Mirror ](https://www.irishmirror.ie/sport/rugby-union/munster-ulster-braced-lose-south-22400421)is reporting that Munster could be without Snyman and De Allende for the start of next season’s Champions Cup.\n\nThe first round of fixtures is pencilled in for December 12 but World Rugby’s proposal for a new Test window in the autumn and winter could mean Snyman and De Allende, as well as Ulster’s Marcel Coetzee, are away with South Africa, competing in the Rugby Championship.\n\n[In the42](https://www.the42.ie/jerry-flannery-ireland-hookers-5154860-Jul2020/), former Ireland hooker Jerry Flannery says the No.2 jersey is there for the taking ahead of rugby’s return.\n\nThe Six Nations is expected to be complete in October and Ireland have plenty of option at hooker, with several players vying to replace Rory Best.\n\nUlster’s Rob Herring got the keys earlier this year but Flannery is also a fan of Connacht’s Dave Heffernan and Leinster’s Ronan Kelleher.